Monday, January 16, 2012

Berry Pie

I got this recipe from my parents MB church newsletter...I've learned anytime a dessert recipe gets posted in it that I must try it. This has been a hit for us for awhile now.  I must confess...it's actually a boysenberry/blackberry pie recipe. :) I've only ever used strawberries...maybe this summer I can get some fresh ones and bust it out though. :)

9" pie shell
5 cups fresh or frozen* berries (i prob did closer to 4 c)
  *thaw in lg saucepan over low heat stirring occassionally
1 c sugar + 1 T.
4 T cornstarch + 1 t

Streusal topping:
1/2 c. butter at room temp
1 c flour
1/2 C brown sugar, packed


heat the berries till hot and completely thawed. Mix 1 c. sugar and 4 T cornstarch and add to berry mixture. Cont heating on med heat till thickened and bubbly.
Prepare pastry shell. Sprinkle shell with 1 T sugar and 1 t cornstarch. Fill shell with berry mixture (carefully, it splatters and burns!). For the topping mix it well till crumbly using pastry blender. Carefully place on top of filling. Bake at 400 for 20 min. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment